I have been working for awhile now on a redesign and I am happy to say it is now live. It is a complete redesign from the ground up and based upon the Twenty Ten WordPress theme.Continue reading
Currently Browsing: wordpress
I recently had the pleasure of redesigning the website for a local artist, David Carr. The original site was something that I had done about 2 and a half years ago, so it was due for an overhaul.
I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything, but I am still around. 2009 has been a fairly busy year for me, but I will save that for another post.
About a month ago, I was brought in to do the redesign of the new breaking benjamin website. The design started with the art work for the album and I used as many elements as I could into the site as to keep a consistent look. I was responsible for the main design, which meant doing most of the graphic work and all of the CSS. The flash media player was done by someone else.
This post is long overdue, but a few months ago I began working on, artmonkeyworld.com, a website for a good friend of mine, David Carr. He is a local, Belleville, IL, artist, painter and all around good guy. He wanted to update his site to showcase his artwork.
WordPress 2.3 has been released and brings quite a few changes. Of course since I just added the Ultimate Tag Warrior plugin, tags are now a built in feature and break the UTW plugin. One very nice addition is Update Notifications, which will check for updates to WordPress itself or plugins.
Version 9.0 – I Think
Welcome to Version 9.0 of artimeg.com, of which only some have actually gone live. I have been working on this redesign for a month or 2 now. There are quite a few new features. As you can see the top of the homepage now displays some of my work and will be updated when I can. At the bottom is a section of recent photos, which are randomly pulled from the gallery. Under that I am displaying my most recent tweets from twitter. (
Currently not working for some reason. Seems to be working now, must have been a twitter issue.)
I am now using tags on my posts, although I need to go back through all of my old posts and reorganize the categories and tags.
Also, on the to-do list is clean up the css a bit. I need to do some organization and find any unnecessary code, but that will have to come later.
- askimet – Comment Spam Protection
- Customizable Post Listings – Displays the recent posts on the home page.
- Google Sitemaps – Creates a Google sitemap of my site and updates it and google when I create new posts.
- SRG Clean Archives – Displays a nice clean archive page.
- Tiger Style Administration – This one’s just for me.
- Twitter Tools – Displays tweets on home page.
- Ultimate Tag Warrior – Handles the tags.
- WordPress Database Backup – Easy database backups from WordPressadmin area.
- WP-ContactForm: Akismet Edition – Contact form script that uses askimet to handle spam.
- WP Audioscrobbler – Displays my most recent last.fm songs on the home page.
- WPG2 – Integrates WordPress and Gallery.
I promise this weekend I will finally get pictures up from the Breaking Benjamin’s St. Louis, MO show from June 15th. OK, so I got busy this weekend and did not have time to edit the images, but I have started the process and will get them up ASAP. The images are finally up.